Over the past couple years RRCHNM has partnered with many Jewish cultural heritage institutions to collect their materials about the pandemic. We’ve commissioned five scholars to write about what they learned from the collection, and here are their essays.
- Maddie Bender, “Windows into Our Lives”
- Susan R. Breitzer, “‘An Extraordinary Time’: Conservative and Orthodox Halachic Approaches to Jewish Observance during the Covid-19 Pandemic.”
- Sarah Imhoff, “The COVID-19 Pandemic and the ‘Social Model’ of Disability”
- Hanna Shaul Bar Nissim, “American Jewish Giving and Engagement in the First Year of COVID-19”
- Vanessa Ochs, “Whose Story is Told: Lived Religion and the Jewish Digital Artifacts of the Pandemic”